The CCPForge Users meeting was held on the 16th January 2014 at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire. There was a good turnout with a mixture of 30 speakers, current and potential users.
The meeting included talks from current users, SSI and ARCHER and a discussion session to look at the future community requirements.
During the open discussion a number of issues and some suggestions to improve the service were made.
- Performance: on some occasions the performance of access to CCPForge web pages and repositories was poor
- Assurances was needed that the service would have a long life-time
- The current look & feel seems old when compared with GitHub and similar services
- Hosting of project web pages
- Improvement of CCPForge searching
- Hosting of html documentation
- Continuous development integration (Buildbot/Jenkins)
- Additional license selections and processes
- Improved project statistics - tracking users and downloads
- Better wiki plugin and interface
- CCPForge should provide a software curation service
The majority of these issues and suggestions were related to active development and distribution projects.
If you would like to contribute to or comment on the current and future CCPForge Service please email your