The CCPForge Users meeting was held on the 16th January 2014 at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire. There was a good turnout with a mixture of 30 speakers, current and potential users.
The meeting included:
- An Introduction to SESC Service - David Worth
- A series of talks from current users about their experiences of CCPForge and other SESC facilities
- Shawn Lee Chin - Collaborative development of FLAME using CCPForge
- Keith Refson - The use of CCPForge for CASTEP development and distribution
- Sarah Al-Assam - the TNT Project
- Neil Chue Hong - The Software Sustainability Institute
- Adrian Jackson - ARCHER - The National HPC Service
- CCPForge upgrades - Alan Kyffin
- QA tools within - Fraser Barnsley
- An open discussion about features that you would find useful
There was a good discussion on the future of SESC and CCPForge and the audience were very please to hear of EPSRC long-term committment to the activity. A series of recommendations and a features wishes list were developed which will be reported in a future posting.